Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lots of sleep in Seattle



Ryan and I had a way fun vacation this weekend in Seattle. We left early Thursday morning and got back late last night. We drove up and spent a couple days visiting Orcas Island, with a stop at San Juan Island. It was so beautiful, except when it started snowing! That part wasn't so fun, but we brought our ski jackets, so we were prepared. We did some hikes and sat outside our hotel room and looked out at the sound and played tennis. We went and visited Friday Harbor on San Juan Island and spent an afternoon touring around there, and we did see some Orca whales off the coast! Driving back from San Juan Island we hit a blizzard, and the snow was sticking to the road, how Utah followed us I don't know. For the rest of our trip we stayed with Ryan's friend Shaun Blake and his wife Esther. They were the most awesome hosts, they totally set us up, got movies, and made us dinner every night. They were too nice to us!

On Saturday, we bought city passes and toured the aquarium, Sci-Fi museum, and the Science museum, and the zoo. It was really cool to see the city and go to the museums. We ate lunch at Ivar's with Shaun and Esther which was really yummy seafood, and right outside our window there was a sea lion bathing on the pier. It was cool. We went to church with them, and it is always fun to visit a new ward out of state because they are always more intimate and know right off who the visitors are. Later we went to the temple which had the prettiest grounds with tulips everywhere! We took some pictures of course.

On Monday we went downtown again and did a harbor cruise that takes you around the area on the water and points out all the attractions. It was nice because the sun came out and it wasn't too cold. We of course got some more fish 'n chips for lunch and just spent the afternoon walking around Pike Place and downtown. We had a lot of fun together and almost didn't want to come home from vacation. It just felt so good sleeping in and having fun all day!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You have the cutest little bump! I am envious I have always wanted to see Seatle! I love Orcas! Noah does too. The closest I came was Portland Oregon and the border of Washington.

Ashley said...

How come I am not your little friends list ;( Sad!!!!!

Diana said...

What a fun trip! It's a good idea to take some fun trips before the baby comes because once they come, it's a little harder, still possible, but a little harder!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I can't wait to go up there in visit in a few weeks. should be fun!