Okay, so today (Sunday) afternoon Audrey's Dad and Sister came down for dinner since her mom and other sister are out of town this week. We decided to take the dogs on a hike on the trail behind our house and on the way up we were talking about how our neighbors have seen tarantulas but that I've never seen a single one the whole two years that we've lived here. I've really wanted to see one and just a few minutes after we were talking about it......there was this huge tarantula right in the middle of the trail. I told Audrey that tarantulas are fuzzy and cuddly just like puppies but she still wouldn't let me take it home as pet.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Tarantula!
Okay, so today (Sunday) afternoon Audrey's Dad and Sister came down for dinner since her mom and other sister are out of town this week. We decided to take the dogs on a hike on the trail behind our house and on the way up we were talking about how our neighbors have seen tarantulas but that I've never seen a single one the whole two years that we've lived here. I've really wanted to see one and just a few minutes after we were talking about it......there was this huge tarantula right in the middle of the trail. I told Audrey that tarantulas are fuzzy and cuddly just like puppies but she still wouldn't let me take it home as pet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I didn't know there were wild ones in Utah....SCARY! I don't care how friendly they may be spiders are spiders in my book and I HATE THEM!
Yuck!
you are comparing a spider to PUPPIES?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously Ryan! spiders cannot notify you when someone (aka. anyone when you are a puppy) scary is coming to the door. Yes, chew on that fact for a while.
I'm going to Disneyland today!!
charo is the most wonderful baby sweater maker i have ever known. and how come we didnt take a picture of ryan smashing the snake? that was a real highlight right there
Gross Ryan! Are you CRAZY!? I would have been throwing big rocks at it! I'm not a spider fan! I'm with Audrey!
Yes, Dru, thank you. Ryan also didn't mention that a little further up the trail we saw a baby rattlesnake and he smashed it with a big rock right then and there because he said the baby ones don't know how to control their venom when they bite, so they are more dangerous.
I would just die if i saw that! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
I can imagine you saying that too. lol.
Oh wow! I would have freaked. I am glad you, Ryan, think they are nice and sweet.
Those are pretty scary looking. We found a black widow in our basement and Luke caught it in the kid's bug catcher and took it to work.
Post a Comment