Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bryce Canyon half marathon

I had a great race. The only problem was that my calves were pretty tight, and started cramping up at about mile 8. After that, I had to work hard to keep up a good pace because I started slowing down...a lot. My goal was to finish the race in 1 hour 45 minutes, and I was doing a pretty good pace; halfway through the race I was clocked in at 52 minutes. I was on pace to finish in my goal time. But since my calves cramped up and I had to run slower, I finished in 1 hour 52 minutes and like 25 seconds or something. So really I had a great race, but you're always a bit disappointed when you don't meet your goal. But at least after this race, I was tired, but I still felt good and we went hiking and sightseeing the rest of the day.

This is post-race in our hotel cabin, later on. I was in good spirits that I finished a good race, but still nursing some sore calves.
We went to Kodachrome state park, and then a hike in Bryce that's off the road by Tropic. We did a couple fun little walks with the girls, and I tried getting cute pictures of them wherever we went, but they are the impossible girls. But even the candid shots are cute.
All smiles at Daddy in the background making funny faces.
I like this portrait of Phoebs on the rock. She's cute because one of her front teeth came in, and then the tooth next to it on the other side, so she has a real lopsided smile that makes her look funny. It's cute.

0 comments: