Saturday, September 24, 2011

Other stuff in Sept.

We went to Thanksgiving Point today and they were having the giant pumpkin weighing contest. It was so fun to watch each pumpkin weigh more and more. The old state record was 1169 lbs, and that was smashed this year with this pumpkin topping the scale at an even 1600 lbs. Amazing! It was seriously HUGE!
The girls posed with one of the giant pumpkins, these were awesome!
This is the giant pumpkin we saw at the state fair, and Ryan got a picture with it in his Ubuntu shirt. We were at the state fair that night for the Weird Al concert. It was a fun concert, he dresses up and puts on an entertaining performance.
I did a small triathlon on Labor Day, but it was 4 days after my nose surgery, and so I didn't do very well. I was scared about putting my nose in the water, so I slowly doggy paddled, and then I had a huge headache during the bike, but then I did pretty good on the run! (no surprise there!) I ended up with a really terrible time, but hey, for 4 days after surgery, I'll take it.

0 comments: