Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spring Happenings

On April 28, Ryan and I ran the Thanksgiving Point 5k together. Well, not together, I totally smoked him!  I finished in 23:40 which was 2nd place in my category, 9th woman, and 42nd overall.  Pretty cool!  I even got a little trophy.  Here I am in the white shirt finishing the race.
 Here's Ryan when he finished the race.
 This is the little trophy I got.
 We got a family pass to the venues that day so we took advantage of it.  We went to the farm and the gardens.
 Ryan got interviewed for Fox 13 news.
 My little Phoebs at the tulip festival. So cute.
 The girls had a lot of fun, I love when they can run and play.
 A nice picture of the tulips in the gardens.

Phoebe's birthday on May 6.  We had a breakfast for her since it was a busy Sunday, and she really loved it.  She loved opening her gifts and got excited about each one.


 She put on her new sunglasses and put her babies in the stroller with her new sand toys and took off.

 Phoebe also got a new sand table, a good summer toy they can play with in the yard with friends.
 I made her Elmo cupcakes for her birthday.
 Happy Birthday Phoebe!!!
 


On Mother's Day this year, Ryan actually made me breakfast.  And he used his ingenuity to made fruit danishes from scratch! (well, biscuit dough). But he put diced fruit in each one and then baked them, and made a glaze that he poured over them and then arranged them on this plate with a lemon wedge.  I was incredibly impressed!!


0 comments: