Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Volunteer Vacation

I took a 3 day trip down to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary on October 8, which was an awesome experience. I wanted a few days to get out on my own and do something different, as well as help someone in the process. The sanctuary is awesome to volunteer at, they really make it easy and adaptable to your likes. (Like no poop scooping if you don't want to!) I worked with puppies, dogs, cats, and bunnies and all are fun in their own way, but I'll admit the dogs are the most fun and social. I made a few friends by forcing myself to come out of my shell and talk to people. After volunteer hours, I went to Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park and Zion National Park and hiked around. I stayed with a family that rents a bedroom for 25 bucks a night. It was a fun time I hope to do again someday, or maybe when my girls are old enough to volunteer too!