Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Big Sister!

We announced to the family that Daphne will be a big sister around May 13, 2010. I bought this iron-on and a t-shirt at the DI, and then made this for her to wear as a way to tell everyone. We went to the Difrans first where my sisters noticed right off but my dad took a minute and then exclaimed with a big "OH!" It was a 10 out of 10 reaction. Then we went to Bill and GayLynn's where they also took a minute to notice then realized and thought it was cool. Then we went to Ryan's mom's house where she never really noticed until Ryan pointed it out. That was really funny, Ryan and I kept exchanging these glances like 'are they going to notice?' When we went to Ryan's grandma's house, all the girls noticed right away and pointed it out. It was a cool way to tell everyone that we are expecting.

11 comments:

Samantha Kennicott said...

Congratulations! How exciting! We told our families the same way, I made Amelia a t-shirt with an iron on, how funny. I guess great minds think alike! :)

Yatesfam said...

COngratulations! that is so fun. It will be nice for you as they get older to have little buddies ;).

Ashley said...

Wow congrats you guys!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

another baby!! I'm so excited!! Then I can be the favorite aunt of BOTH!!!

Melanie Hensley said...

congrats. How fun for you. You will have to let me know what it is when you find out.

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Congratulations! How exciting. What a cute way to share the news.

jill said...

i love the 10/10 reaction :) awesome

Diana said...

Congrats! I'll only be about a week behind you! We made baby cookies and took it to family and my kids told them we made them baby cookies because we wanted them to know we were going to have a baby! I hope you're feeling well!

Ashlee Garn said...

I am so excited for you!

HappyHodges said...

Oh my heck!!!! That is great! I cant believe it seems like we were both still pregnant a day ago! Congrats you 3! when are we getting together?!?!

Chelsea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WE ARE SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!! KIDS ARE FUN!!!