Thursday, March 25, 2010

Phoebe's room

Phoebe's room is all done and ready! We cleared out everything that used to be in there, and fixed up the room for another little girl. Yellow and purple are her main colors with pink and green to accent. We painted a stripe of a darker yellow beneath the main yellow of the room to bring it together without having to do a rail.
We got colorful pictures at Target and put a colorful blanket in the crib for now just for fun.
I sewed the curtains which are double-paneled to darken the room for naptime, as well as lowering the shades behind. The last picture on the wall is a picture from the March 2010 Ensign, which I saw and loved. And Socrates always has to have a piece of himself in every picture.
We are really ready for Phoebe to come. We are excited for her arrival, and for my endless pregnancy complaints to end. Daphne has a baby doll that she carries around and calls 'Phoebe' and wraps in a blanket. Hopefully she decides to come a few days early, right at the start of May!

12 comments:

Yatesfam said...

What a cheerful room! So cute. When are you due again?

MC Lewis said...

The room turned out great. I should probably get to doing Lana's room.

The Dummers said...

How fun! Looks like you're all ready for her to come!

Samantha Kennicott said...

Cute room! I hope everything goes well with the rest of the pregnancy and the new baby's arrival!

Ashley said...

Cuteness!!! For some reason it looks green on my computer so I am glad you said yellow so I could visualize it! Cannot wait to see another cutey pie added to your family.

Sal said...

I thought the color was tennis ball green but you call it yellow. Looks cute anyway. The purple is perfect.

Ashlee Garn said...

Beginning of May!? Wow Really!? Insane! I can't believe it went so quick! Just a little over a month left! :) (And I see lime green on my computer too. Either way, lime green is really cute, and yellow would be too :)

Ryan said...

It is what I call a 'tennis ball green' color, but the room really depends on the sunlight. During the day, the room looks very yellow, but at night, it looks like a green color.
I am due May 13, but I'm hoping for a few days before that. :)

Jay said...

You are so talented my lOVe! I lopve it! I remember when we used to talk about decorations at work all the time :) I love you Girl! You have an awesome family :) I hope All goes well!

MC Lewis said...

She really needed the leash. She just wanted to run everywhere. She did a lot better when she was 18 months about staying in the stroller. This time I think she was just too excited.

HappyHodges said...

It is perfect! I love it and I love the name Phoebe! We really need to get together again once this new addition comes!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Cute nursery! I love your color choices! So fun... can't wait to meet you little Phoebe!