Thursday, March 3, 2011

Learning aperture

We've been learning about aperture in my photography class, and it's been fun to experiment with. Of course, I don't have the greatest camera by any means, but it's a start to learning to take great pictures of my kids. That's mostly the reason I wanted to take a class and learn all about photography; I want to be able to take some great shots of my kids, and our family. I'm not looking to start a business or anything, it's purely for my own self benefit.
Anyway, these are a couple close ups of a flower Brooke gave me for my birthday, and it's been perfect to practice on. The more I learn about aperture, the more I really enjoy it, but unfortunately, my lens just doesn't go as wide open as I think would be fun to play with. I still have tons to learn, but I am really enjoying the journey.

These are just a couple shots of my girls just for fun. Because they're cute. And growing lightning fast.




2 comments:

Samantha Kennicott said...

How fun, I would love to learn some photography skills, too, for the same reason! I am so jealous when I look at people's blogs and their photos are so sharp and clear, I want to be able to do that! Nice work on the flower pics and the girls are looking adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were taking a class. That's cool though. And oh, those flowers are pretty. Whoever got them must have a good eye for potential photography! ;)