Monday, November 3, 2008

Scary Skeleton



I found a little skeleton suit that glows in the dark for Daphne and it was cute.  Ryan and I had a fun Halloween; we went to Witches Night at Gardner Village, watched The Eye with his family, went through Castle of Chaos, and Nightmare on 13th.  We highly enjoyed Nightmare on 13th because of its animatronics and special effects scariness.    I also enjoyed Halloween episodes of The Office and The Simpsons.  I have been spending a lot of time lately watching Hulu.com and other internet tv websites.  We love it because the shows are on demand with short commercials.  

Daphne will be 3 months tomorrow and is getting bigger.  She is 11 lbs, and fits well into her 0-3 month clothes.  She always smiles at Mom and Dad and at herself in the mirror.  She talks all time time with "oooohs" and "uuuhhhs."  I swear her fingernails grow like crazy and I hate when I have to cut them because I cut her finger once.  But I love painting her fingernails.

Other things going on:  We are getting close to finishing the workout room.  We are sanding right now and hope to finish soon so we can paint!  Pictures to come when it is finished.  

When I let the dogs out to use the bathroom the other night at 3am, I totally saw like 7 pairs of eyes starting back at me about 20 feet past our backyard!  They were coyotes!  I couldn't see them too well, just their eyes and their shape seemed to be about Poley's size.  I was scared that maybe they would suddenly decide to attack Poley or Socrates but they just stood frozen and then walked away with their pack.  Sometimes we can hear them howling in the night and it sounds so eerie.  

6 comments:

MC Lewis said...

Scary! I would scared out of my mind if I saw that many pairs of eyes staring at me in the middle of the night. I would have probably screamed, but you are probably uused to it.

jill said...

Cute costume!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Poley and Socrates are okay!! I don't want anything to happen to those cute little boys. I can't believe I keep forgetting to go and take a look at your basement when I'm over. I'm so forgetful.

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

I love the little skeleton costume! Very scary! :) And so freaky about the coyotes!

Jay said...

yeah cutting nails is scary BUT YOU PAINT HER NAILS!?!?!? haha thats funny and cool! get some pics up of that will ya!

awesome one-si did she go trick or treating? ha jk

Jenny Hart Turk said...

She looks so cute in her halloween outfit. You earlier picture of the trantula gives me the creeps. I hate seeing spiders. Hopefully one of those suckers will never enter your home, otherwise I would never be able to sleep at night!